Structure fire on Jan. 5

 

 

 

Reedley Fire Department crews responded to a structure fire at a house at 374 S. Columbia Ave., near Evening Glow avenue, the afternoon of Jan. 5. First-arriving crews found light smoke coming from the attic area and smoldering beams in the attic above the kitchen, according to Chief Jerry Isaak. The fire’s cause was determined to be an electrical wiring problem. Isaak said damage to the structure was minimal (less than $5,000), but the home’s residents have been displaced until the electrical wiring is repaired.

 

 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.