In Del Rey at a little used airstrip next to the Wonderful Co. headquarters, a group of Sheriff's deputies gathered around a driver's training course meant to hone the talents of the finest from the Fresno County's Sheriff's Office. Physics applies to automotive machinery traveling at high speed, and it's best to know how maintain control. And that was Deputy Jason Vinogradoff's assignment. He and Alex Sosin belonged to a training unit that ran 14 law enforcement officials through an intense program designed to mimic what they could face chasing down a suspect. I went along for the ride, and it was intense. And it made me think of Steve McQueen in one of the greatest chase movies ever — 1968's "Bullitt."
- School district aproves a $133 million budget
- Reedley 14s sweep to title
- Stopping through Orange Cove
- Esquivel placed on paid leave by diocese
- Sen. Hurtado visits Sanger and discusses projects she's working on
- An accident decades ago didn't slow him down
- Is this the beginning of the end of Sanger's water problems?
- Reedley 10s go 2-2, 11s 1-3 in District 10 tourneys