Dinuba Police Department arrests in the last week.
• Anthony Gonzalez, 25, of Dinuba was booked on Feb. 25 on suspicion of shoplifting, a misdemeanor.
According to police, he matched the description of a subject who allegedly stole two three-packs of Modelo beers from a store in the 600 block of North Alta Avenue. Officers made contact with him in the 300 block of East North Way. While on the scene, the reporting party positively identified him as the suspect.
He was placed under arrest and transported to the Dinuba Police Department for booking. He was later cited and released with a promise to appear in court.
• Jose Morales Murrieta, 29, of Dinuba was booked on Feb. 27 on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and obstructing a police officer, both misdemeanors.
Police say he was contacted in the 100 block of Randle Avenue during an investigation for an unkown subject taking off on officers on a four-wheeler. He was seen coming out of an alleyway approximately five minutes after the incident and appeared to be agitated and under the influence of a controlled substance. He also reportedly appeared to be challenging officers to a fight.
He was detained and arrested at the scene and later booked and transported to the Tulare County Pretrial Facility.
• Issac Zuniga, 35, of Dinuba was booked on Feb. 28 on suspicion of carrying a concealed knife or dagger, a felony, and being in possession of a controlled substance and being in possession of unlawful paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
Officers say he was contacted after police responded to the 100 block of South L Street for a report of a dumpster diver. Police say he was contacted near a business that had been burglarized the night before.
During a pat down, officers say a metal object was seen sticking out of his backpack. The object reportedly turned out to be a concealed machete. A further search revealed a clear glass pipe and a white crystalized substance.
He was arrested and transported to the Dinuba Police Department for booking.
• Juan Manuel Gutierrez, 45, of Dinuba was booked on Feb. 28 on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
According to police, he was contacted at his residence in the 1800 block of East Golden Way after he reported he was hearing voices and admitted to using a controlled substance.
He was later determined to be under the influence of a controlled substance and was placed under arrest. He was transported to the Dinuba Police Department for booking and later transported to the Tulare County Pretrial Facility for housing.
• Anthony David Villegas, 50, of Dinuba was booked on Mar. 2 on suspicion of violating a restraining order, a misdemeanor.
Police say officers responded to the 300 block of South O Street for a welfare check. While investigating, it was determined he had a domestic violence order preventing him from having contact with the victim.
He was placed under arrest at the scene and later booked into the Tulare County Pretrial Facility.
• Cecilia Morado Avilez, 32, of Dinuba was booked on Mar. 3 on suspicion of corporal injury to a spouse or cohabitant, a felony.
According to police, she was reportedly involved in an argument with her husband, who is also the father of their three children, where she ended up pushing the victim several times, causing him visible injuries on his neck.
She was arrested at their residence in the 1400 block of North Crawford Avenue, booked and later transported to the Tulare County Pretrial Facility for housing.